The Franklin County boys weightlifting team on March 2 traveled for a meet against Wakulla High School, and took with them 17 athletes, the most ever to take part in a weightlifting event for the school.
Five athletes won their weight class and medaled:
- 129 pounds: Freshman Owen Juno
- 139 pounds: Sophomore Kaiden Lewis, who remains undefeated.
- 154 pounds: Sophomore Garyson Millender
- 183 pounds: Junior Corbin Pritchard
- 199 pounds: Sophomore Michael Hill
The team had one regular season weightlifting meet left, at home against Port St Joe on Wednesday, March 22.
“The young boys have outdone themselves this year,” said Coach John Cooper, who shares duties with coach Matthew Duggar. “We are so proud of the progress and achievements made and forthcoming. We applaud small and big wins. Those who are working toward the medals, you will get there. Keep it up, Seahawks!”
Football and boys weightlifting are intertwined, with offseason workouts held from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.